After World War II, the founder of Remo Inc., Remo D. Belli, was experimenting with PET film as a new material choice for drum heads. At the time, the idea was dismissed by many drummers because they preferred the sound of calfskin heads which dominated the market at that point. There were, however, some issues with the calfskin heads, such as their need for regular tuning, so Remo Belli went about solving these problems and creating a convenient solution for drummers.
Using Mylar, a synthetic polyester film for drum heads, Belli was able to copy the look of a calfskin head, with a white and opaque look. Later developments of these drum heads included clear heads, two-ply heads, and simulated natural heads (Fiberskyn) which are still very popular amongst many modern drummers. Remo D. Belli died in April 2016, however, the company continue to lead the way in the drumhead manufacturing industry, supplying heads to a range of drum manufacturers including Pearl, Yamaha, Mapex, DW Drums, and many more.
- Warm, focused tones with incomparable durability and projection
- Dual ply, 10-mil coated film construction produces natural sustain control
- 5-mil reverse bottom black dot adds focus
- High-quality coated design covers the tone in warmth
- Great response and accurate tonal control
- Designed and manufactured in the USA
- Construction: Dual-ply, 10-mil Film
- Drum Head Size: 14”
- Film Type: Coated
- Drum Head Type: Snare
- Product Code: BX-0114-10